In the course of building and maintaining the DeveloperSpace, we encountered a number of other interesting summative documents that did not deal with our topic (Access to Information and communication technologies) but did deal with other aspects of disability to the lives of people with disabilities (or digital literacy, aging etc.). These documents do not relate directly to 'Access to ICT’ but they are valuable resources and they do help people interested in access to ICT better understand the lives of people with disabilities and the context into which ICT access must work.
Here then is a widely varying list of resource links relating to ‘other aspects of disability and the lives of people with disabilities’, grouped into related clusters.
Home organization and remodeling
- Keeping Disabled Persons Safe While Remodeling – This comprehensive guide has been designed to provide safety best practices for seniors, disabled adults, and their caregivers to help them safely navigate construction sites.
- Creating a Home Where Your Disabled Child can Thrive – This comprehensive guide will help you with home modifications to make it a place where your child is safe, comfortable and thriving.
- Tips for Disabled Persons to Declutter and Organize their Home – Tips to declutter and organize your home for seniors and individuals with special needs.
Teaching/Tutoring students with disabilities
- Tutoring for Students with Learning Disabilities – An in-depth tutoring guide designed specifically to help students who find a large classroom setting challenging.
- Teacher Resources for Special Needs – Curriculum strategies and classroom management for students with different learning needs.
- Best Scholarship Search Platforms – Report on tools helping students with disabilities sort through all the available scholarships to find those that would be most applicable to their situation.
Legal and Financial Resources for people with disabilities
- Legal Resources for Special Needs – This guide is designed to provide information about what legal concerns elderly and disabled individuals might face, and how to address them appropriately if these rights are violated.
- Disability and Credit Scores – Advice and tips about how to get a free credit report and how to improve it.
- Financial Planning for Special Needs – A master list of resources that you can tap into to find solutions to the increased level of care of senior adults with special needs, from healthcare through financial.
Work related resources
- Disability Resources from the Department of Labor – A selection of resources regarding various work-related aspects of disability: benefits, civil rights, community life, education, technology, transportation, etc.
- Disaster Preparedness for Special Needs – This guide helps establishing a centralized collection of resources and assistive technology that people with special needs or their careers can use for all aspects of disaster safety, from prevention through intervention and evacuation.